Satisfaction, loyalty, and retention are three words that quickly come to mind when thinking about how to ultimately impact the customer experience. The best kind of experience, like all great experiences, is a personal one.
A personal experience oftentimes leads to a positive experience in many ways for customers who are using your app. Examples of this include:
- You are able to promote relevant content as soon as possible, instead of waiting for the user or customer to find it
- A SaaS customer is able to receive help immediately if they are experiencing any problems (want more leads with our software, click here!)
- Users and visitors are able to become more educated. Tours and task lists are a great way to guide someone around the site or app. Below is an example of a task list, with the last task having the visitor sign up for a training session.
This is a great start and overview of how you can create a more personalized experience. Here are five more examples, and when you can implement them in the lifecycle.
1. Pre-sale: By being able to present relevant content to each visitor at exactly the right time, you are able to both show them what they are interested in, and you are able to build a relationship with each visitor
2. Point of Sale: Now that you have built a relationship with the visitor and they have now purchased, you can immediately present the new customer with a personalized tour of your app, including getting started features and a FAQ page
3. Onboarding: Now the customer is learning how to use your product, you want them to become experts right away! Instead of having them search through a support site, you can automate messages and this way you can reduce the customers’ need for support while giving them their answers immediately.
4. Ongoing usage: Make sure that what you are showing your customers is truly relevant. If a customer is using one feature, you can show them a certain message. If another customer is using a different feature, you can show them a personalized message. And if you have customer that is using both features, then you can prevent this customer with a message that meets their needs. This gives you the advantage of educating your customers at the click of a button.
5. Churn: In the case where a customer is about to churn, you are able to predict it because you are tracking their behaviors. This way, you are able to present the customer with a special offer, or a different incentive to stay.
Making your site personal gives you many advantages. Not only are you able to help visitors convert, but it is also a great way to make the onboarding process as smooth as possible.