New Evergage Survey Finds 91% of Marketers Currently Use or Intend to use Personalization Within the Next Year
Study Also finds Nearly 1 in 2 Plans to Increase Their Budgets for Personalization Initiatives
Somerville, Mass. – June 17, 2015 – Evergage, the leading provider of real-time personalization, today published the results of a new survey that found 91% of marketers either use or intend to use personalization for online customer interactions within the next year. Furthermore, nearly 1 in 2 marketers surveyed (49%) intends to increase their budgets for personalization over the year ahead, with 80% planning to increase them significantly (by more than 10%).
The study, conducted in conjunction with Researchscape International, examined the attitudes and expectations of global business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) marketers surrounding real-time personalization. A total of 242 marketers from around the world, in a variety of roles and from companies of all sizes, were surveyed. To download the full report, visit: http://bit.ly/evergage_survey_report.
State of Personalization
Real-time personalization (specified as data-driven personalization completed in under one second) in today’s hyper-connected marketplace can be a challenge, but with the help of related technologies, it’s coming at companies and consumers with force. Today, marketers feel Web personalization is very important to their initiatives, and 51% of organizations have personnel dedicated to working on personalization programs.
In terms of deployment, 42% of respondents indicated they are not currently using real-time personalization, but 78% percent of this group intends to within the next year. With 86% of respondents reporting lift from their personalization initiatives, and approximately half seeing a lift greater than 10%, it’s understandable that marketers who have not yet deployed these solutions are eager to dive in.
“Personalization is an age-old concept, but extending the customized experience to online visitors in real time – based on deep customer analytics – is a new way to ensure each and every interaction with a prospective customer is relevant and engaging,” said Karl Wirth, co-founder and CEO of Evergage. “When nearly 90% of marketers realize lift from personalization initiatives, it’s clear that those who embrace this strategy will outperform those who do not.”
When asked what primary benefits they expect to realize, marketers who plan to deploy personalization indicated they anticipate:
- Increased visitor engagement – 78%
- Improved customer experiences – 78%
- Increased lead generation – 60%
Overall, 54% of marketers expect to see a lift greater than 10%.
Regarding the methods for delivering personalized Web content, marketers are primarily planning to use inline content (57%) and call-outs (43%). The greatest obstacles to the successful implementation of personalization initiatives were reported to be a lack of knowledge or skills, lack of budget and IT constraints.
“The primary challenges to successfully using personalization underscore the importance of developing business intelligence, customer analytics, testing and personalization tools that marketers can use without the help of IT or data scientists,” Wirth continued. “Marketers need to be able to easily access a well-rounded view of customer information, and act on it to calibrate and deliver highly relevant and engaging experiences in real time, every time.”
- Primary Places for Personalization – Marketers using personalization have deployed it across their websites (76%), mobile sites (29%), Web applications (22%) and mobile apps (16%).
- How It’s Being Done – Among the most common methods for personalized content delivery are inline content (53%) and call-outs (41%).
- Segmentation – When segmenting visitors, marketers use several different methods, the most popular being the type of content viewed (48%), location (45%) and time on site (36%). Overall, location is the most important element for B2B and B2C organizations when personalizing (92% rank it very or extremely important).
- Results – One-third of those using real-time personalization report increased e-commerce revenues, and 73% see increased visitor engagement.
- Measuring ROI – Marketers are doing a good job measuring the ROI of their personalization campaigns, with only 11% not measuring. They primarily look at conversion lift (58%), time on site (40%) and revenue lift (39%).
For more information and to download the full report, visit: http://bit.ly/evergage_survey_report.
Evergage’s cloud-based platform delivers real-time personalization to more than 500 million web visitors, improving demand generation, revenue growth and customer success for over 120 organizations, including Gardener’s Supply Company, Millward Brown Digital, Publishers Clearing House, Rue La La and Wayfair. Evergage empowers marketers to increase engagement and conversions of website visitors and users through personalized content and experiences based on deep behavioral analytics. Evergage is a 2014 Marketing ARC Award winner, a 2014 MITX What’s Next Award winner, a Red Herring Top 200 North American company, and a two-time BostInno “50 on Fire” finalist. For more information, visit http://evergage.com or contact the company at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-310-0589.
# # #
Davies Murphy Group
Phone: +1 781-418-2416