Evergage, Inc. (“Evergage” or “we” or “us”) provides an online service (the “Evergage Service”) to help our customers (“Evergage Clients”) make their products and services (“Client Services”) more successful. In order to provide the Evergage Service, Evergage collects certain information, as described in this Privacy Statement, from both Evergage Clients and their end user customers (“End Users”). Evergage is deeply committed to protecting the privacy of both Evergage Clients and End Users. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you, as an Evergage Client or an End User, about our privacy practices. We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement in order to learn more about how we safeguard your privacy.
Who are Evergage Clients?
Evergage Clients are financial service companies, ecommerce companies, travel companies, gaming companies, the marketing websites of B2B tech companies, Software-as-a-Service applications, support portals, and any digital website, web app or mobile app that wishes to use the Evergage Service (i) to understand how their End Users are using their services and (ii) to respond in real-time to their End Users by giving them a maximally helpful, relevant, individualized experiences. Please be sure to review the privacy policies of any online services that you may use, as we do not control third parties.
END USER INFORMATION
What information does Evergage collect regarding End Users?
It is at Evergage Clients’ discretion what actions and information they collect from each End User. However, Evergage requires Evergage Clients to observe all applicable laws and regulations relating to the protection of data privacy and to only collect information that is necessary to improve Client Services and successfully serve their End Users.
One primary use of Evergage is to understand how End Users are using the Evergage Client’s service. Many Evergage Clients send us, on a per-user or per-visitor basis, a subset of the actions taken by each End User within such Evergage Clients’ services and when such actions were taken.
- For example, suppose John Doe used company XYZ’s document management system to upload a document, edit it, and share it with three friends. If XYZ was an Evergage Client, XYZ might collect and send to Evergage that John Doe edited a document at a certain time and that he has 5 documents in XYZ’s system. Later, XYZ might decide to also collect and send to Evergage when John shares a document and into what format he converted the document to share it. XYZ could use this information to improve their product and to email John Doe with training about better ways to to share a document.
Another primary use case of Evergage is to personalize the experience for End Users based off of the combination of their behavior and their attribute data.
- For example, suppose Jane Smith used company ABC’s ecommerce website to research furniture. If ABC was an Evergage client, ABC would use Evergage to track which pieces of furniture were of interest to Jane, and then to make it easy for Jane Smith to find those pieces again. ABC might also use Evergage tor recommend to Jane Smith additional pieces of furniture that may be of interest or accessories that complement the pieces she is buying.
The data that Evergage Clients choose to send us is often not personally identifiable information, but may be personally identifiable information.
Does Evergage require Evergage Clients to inform the End User about their use of the Evergage Service?
How does Evergage use the information it collects?
The information Evergage collects on End User activities with Client Services is the property of the Evergage Client, not of Evergage. We store the data in a unique security domain for each Evergage Client. Our rules and algorithms process and analyze each Evergage Clients’ data separately to give that Evergage Client a better understanding of its End Users and the means to respond in real-time to the End User with a more relevant experience.
Evergage also aggregates information across Evergage Clients to (i) improve the Evergage Service, (ii) benchmark usage patterns and behavior for a particular Evergage Client and for Evergage Clients generally, (iii) publish interesting analysis of trends or behaviors and (iv) other similar uses.
Will Evergage provide information about me to anyone else?
Except as provided below in the sections entitled Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers and Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others, we never divulge End User data in a personally identifiable, unique or non-aggregated manner to anyone other than the Evergage Client on whose behalf we are collecting and analyzing its End User data.
How does Evergage make sure my information is secure?
Evergage takes the security and privacy of Evergage Client data and End User data very seriously. We use industry standard best practices to secure our systems and access to the data. Each Evergage Client’s data is kept separate from each other Evergage Client’s data. Each Evergage Client’s data flows through our system in a separate message queue, is stored in separate files on disk, and is a part of a unique security domain. Access to that security domain is protected by user authentication. However, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use industry standard best practices to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Like many websites we sometimes employ “cookies,” small packets of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier that are sent to a user’s browser from a website’s computer and stored on the user’s computer’s hard drive. The website placing the cookie on the user’s computer can then recognize the computer when the user navigates the website at a later time. For example, this allows us to remember user preferences and measure user behavior, information that Evergage Clients may then use to improve user interaction with their services.
Evergage makes use of first party cookies.
Evergage also provides a mobiles SDK that most Evergage Clients use to integrate their mobile app with Evergage in the same way.
Are there ways that I can opt out of allowing an Evergage Client to collect data on my use of its service?
Yes. If you are an End User of an Evergage Client and do not wish for us to collect information about your use of that service, there are several options:
- We have provided Evergage Clients with the ability to filter and dispose of usage data related to a particular End User’s userID. If you would like to opt out of having your data sent to Evergage, please contact the Evergage Client directly to ask for this. If you feel the Evergage Client is not responding satisfactorily to your request, please contact us here.
EVERGAGE CLIENT INFORMATION
What information does Evergage collect on its Clients and how is it used?
We collect only data that is necessary to provide optimum service for our Clients. The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Evergage Service. To explain how we use and safeguard your data, let’s look at the types of information we collect:
- Usage Data: We make use of our own service to understand how Evergage Clients are using the Evergage Service so as to maximize your success with us, to personalize your experience, and to improve performance of the Evergage Service. The entire preceding section with respect to End User Information applies to Evergage Client’s employees own use of the Evergage Service.
- Account Information: When you create an Evergage Service account, you will provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”), such as your name, contact information, and account user name and password. We recognize that this information is very important to you and we promise we will never divulge any of your Personal Information to anyone without your permission except as described below in the Sections entitled Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers and Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. Please note that we may use your Personal Information to contact you regarding your account and the Evergage Service.
- Email Communications: We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
Changing or Deleting your Information:
If you are an Evergage Client, you may review, update, correct or delete the personally identifiable information in your Evergage account where it is inaccurate by contacting us. If you would like us to delete your Evergage account in our system, please contact us here with a request that we delete your personally identifiable information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. If you request that your personally identifiable information be deleted from our records, there may be a brief delay in our processing that request, while we verify that the request is valid and originates from you as opposed to an unauthorized third party. If you request that your information be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the Service. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited email or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Evergage or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others:
We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believes is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
Third Party Practices
Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us here. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information
What happens when there are changes to this Privacy Statement?
We may amend our Privacy Statement from time to time. Use of information we collect now is subject to the Privacy Statement in effect at the time such information is used. An Evergage Customer is bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when he or she uses the Evergage Service after such changes have been first posted.
What if I have questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Evergage Service, please send us a detailed message to us here. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: February 27, 2016